From The Red Pill
- Berenger Sauniere was said to have suffered a stroke on January 17th, 1917. He died five days later.
- January 17th is the Feast Day of St Anthony (St Antony) the Hermit. There is a statue of St Antony in the church at Rennes le Chateau.
- January 17th is also the Feast Day of St Sulpice. The church of St Sulpice in Paris figures throughout the mystery.
- The Priory of Sion document Le Serpent Rouge is alleged to have been created on this day in 1967 (and related directly to St Sulpice).
- Marie de Negre Dables (Dame D'Hautpoul de Blanchefort) died on January 17th, 1781.
- It is believed that Abbe Henri Boudet changed the date on Abbe Jean Vie's tombstone from August 31, 1872 to January 17.
- Alchemist Nicolas Flamel is said to have achieved the 'Great Work' on this date in 1382.
- Sigisbert IV was alleged to have arrived in Rennes le Chateau on January 17th, 681.
- Pierre Plantard claims that he was made Grand Master of the Priory of Sion on January 17th, 1981.
- Saint Roseline de Villeneuve died on January 17, 1329.
- The 'priory documents' claim that the society known as the Children of St Vincent, were created on January 17th, 1681.
- January 17th mystery at the Rennes le Chateau homepage
- "Priory of Sion: The Facts, The Theories, The Mystery", by Dr Steven Mizrach